ISSN: 2630-5720

Quick Search




Assessment of normal, normal variants and precocious puberty in children referred with signs of early pubertal development to pediatric endocrine unit []
. Ahead of Print: HNHJ-53254 | DOI: 10.14744/hnhj.2018.53254

Assessment of normal, normal variants and precocious puberty in children referred with signs of early pubertal development to pediatric endocrine unit

Suna Kılınç
Sağlık Bilimleri University Istanbul Bağcılar Education And Research Hospital, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology

INTRODUCTION: The aim of this study is to evaluate etiologic distribution and clinical features of children referred to a pediatric endocrinology clinic with signs of early puberty and to compare clinical, biochemical and anthropometric properties of patients followed-up with the diagnosis of precocious puberty and normal variants of puberty.


METHODS: In this single-center study, we included children who were referred with signs of early puberty during July 2016–July 2017. We retrospectively evaluated anthropometric measurements and pubertal status of the patients. In the evaluation of patients with suspected early puberty, biochemical tests, bone age, and pelvic ultrasound were used. If indicated a standard gonadotropin releasing hormone stimulation test and brain magnetic resonance imaging was performed.

RESULTS: 476 children were referred for evaluation of early puberty. 454 (95.3%) were female. Mean age of the patients at the time of referral was 8.97±2.5 years for girls and 9.56±0.74 years for boys. Out of 476 children, only 139 (29.2%) had early puberty, the remaining 337(70.8%) had normal puberty or no puberty. Out of 139 patients, 45(9.4%) had precocious puberty, 59(12.3%) had premature thelarche, 35(7.3%) had premature adrenarche.

DISCUSSION AND CONCLUSION: Most of children referred for evaluation of early puberty had normal puberty or puberty variants. This study emphasizes the importance of the good diagnostic evaluation of these patients.

Keywords: Puberty, precocious puberty, premature thelarche, premature adrenarche

Erken ergenlik bulguları ile çocuk endokrin polikliniğine yönlendirilen hastaların normal, normalin varyantı ve erken ergenlik durumlarının değerlendirilmesi

Suna Kılınç
Sağlık Bilimleri Üniversitesi İstanbul Bağcılar Eğitim Ve Araştırma Hastanesi, Çocuk Endokrinolojisi

GİRİŞ ve AMAÇ: Bu çalışmada amaç erken ergenlik şüphesi ile çocuk endokrin polikliniğine yönlendirilen hastaların tanısal dağılımını ve klinik özelliklerini belirlemek, erken puberte ve normal varyant puberte bozuklukları tanısı ile takip edilen ve tedavi başlanan hastaların klinik bulgularını saptamak, biyokimyasal ve antropometrik özelliklerini karşılaştırmaktır.

YÖNTEM ve GEREÇLER: Hastanemiz çocuk endokrin polikliniğine Temmuz 2016-Temmuz 2017 tarihleri arasında erken ergenlik bulguları ile yönlendirilen hastaların verisi hasta dosyaları ve hasta kayıt formlarından geriye dönük olarak tarandı. Hastaların antropometrik bulguları ve başvuru sırasında fizik muayene ile belirlenmiş ergenlik evresi kaydedildi. Ayrıca erken ergenlik şüphesi olan hastaları değerlendirmek amacı ile yapılmış biyokimyasal tetkikler, kemik yaşı, suprapubik pelvik ultrasonografi, gonadotropin salgılatıcı hormon uyarı testi ve kranial manyetik rezonans görüntüleme sonuçları kaydedildi.

BULGULAR: Erken ergenlik bulguları ile başvuran hasta sayısı 476 idi. Bu hastaların 454’ü (%95,3) kız idi. Başvuru sırasında yaş ortalaması kızlarda 8.97±2.5 yıl, erkeklerde 9.56±0.74 yıl idi. Başvuran hastaların sadece 139 (%29.2)’unda erken pubertal bozukluk saptandı, geriye kalan 337 (%70.8) hastanın pubertesi normal ya da henüz başlamamıştı. Erken pubertal bozukluk saptanan hastaların 45 (%9.4)’i puberte prekoks, 59 (%12.3)’u prematür telarş, 35 (%7.3)’i prematür adrenarş idi.

TARTIŞMA ve SONUÇ: Başvuruların çoğunluğunu normal puberte ve normal varyant erken puberte oluşturmaktaydı. Bu çalışma ile hastaların tanı aşamasında iyi değerlendirilmesinin önemi vurgulanmak istendi.

Anahtar Kelimeler: Ergenlik, erken ergenlik, prematür telarş, prematür adrenarş



Corresponding Author: Suna Kılınç, Türkiye
LookUs & Online Makale